Sunday, December 25, 2005

A thought for Christmas
"Truly wondrous is the whole chronicle of the nativity. For this day the ancient slavery is ended, the devil confounded, the demons take to flight, the power of death is broken. For this day paradise is unlocked, the curse is taken away, sin is removed, error driven out, truth has been brought back, the speech of kindliness diffused and spread on every side - a heavenly way of life has been implanted on the earth, angels communicate with men without fear, and we now hold speech with angels."
St John Chrysostom, The Mystery
Two other thoughts
My sister gave me BANKSY wall and piece, an amazing book of his work stenciling graffiti, street furniture and altered gallery paintings. I guess I should check out his web page. One struck me as particularly relevant to christmas: Jesus in crucifixion holding up shopping bags. (sorry i'm no good at the picture stuff here)
Secondly; I've been listening to Sigur Ros' new album Takk.... beautiful, amazing, relaxing, thought provoking..... they continue to develop, grow, deepen and just uplift you.

No comments: